Date(s) - 11/17/2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Valley Crest Farm & Preserve
Categories No Categories
Take to the trails and learn to identify the many trees, shrubs, vines and more present in New Jersey! We will discuss what an invasive species is and the impact it can have on the environment. We will also cover forest management methods and discuss how to mitigate the risks forests face.
Please complete the following requirement before class:
4-Describe what forest management means, including the following:
- a. Multiple-use management
- b. Sustainable forest management
- c. Even-aged and uneven-aged management and silvicultural systems associated with each type.
- d. Intermediate cuttings.
- e. The role of prescribed burning and related forest management practices.
Scouts should come to class with plenty of water, comfortable shoes for hiking, appropriate clothes for the outdoors, a blue card, pen/pencil, and a notebook or clipboard to write on while hiking. Scouts may also bring a snack along.
This workshop will be held on November 17 from 9am though 12noon.
This event is fully booked.