Saturday, May 19 RAIN OR SHINE
Presented in Partnership with Troops 200, 191 and 121
Join us at the first annual Valley Crest Merit Badge Fair! A morning and afternoon session will be open for scouts to attend a merit badge workshop of their choice and the Eagle's Nest will be open for scouts to meet counselors regarding incomplete badges.
Registration is on the bottom of this page.
Our morning session will meet from 8am-12noon unless otherwise noted. Scouts should arrive to Valley Crest NO LATER than 7:50am to check in and find their workshop. Each attendee may choose ONE morning and ONE afternoon workshop.
Available morning workshops:
- Citizenship in the Community (also offered in afternoon)
- Citizenship in the Nation
Our afternoon session will meet from 1pm-4pm unless otherwise noted. Please arrive NO LATER than 12:50pm to check in and find your workshop. Each attendee may register for ONE morning and ONE afternoon workshop.
Available afternoon workshops:
- Citizenship in the Community (also offered in the morning)
- Environmental Science
- American Business
- Game Design
- American Culture
The Eagle's Nest is a collection of counselors prepared to meet with scouts and discuss incomplete badges and sign off on completed requirements.All badges offered in the workshop will also be available in the Eagle's Nest. Additionally, the following will have counselors available to discuss the badge and sign off on requirements.
American Heritage, American Labor, Animation, Bird Study, Chess, Citizenship in the World, Coin Collecting, Collections, Digital Technology, Dog Care, Electricity, Family Life, Fire Safety, Fish and Wildlife Management, Genealogy, Home Repairs, Insect Study, Law, Lifesaving, Mammal Study, Model Design and Building, Nature, Personal Management, Pets, Plumbing, Programming, Reading, Robotics, Scholarship, SCUBA Diving, Snow Sports, Sports, Sustainability,Theater.
What do I bring to the fair?
- Your blue card(s), signed off by your scout master, for any badges that you will work on at the fair
- If you are staying for both sessions, bring a bagged lunch and snacks
- Plenty of water!
- Notebook (that you can write on without a desk), pen and/or pencil
- Completed prerequisites
- Appropriate protection from the elements (sunscreen, rain coat if needed, appropriate shoes for the outdoors)
- Merit badge pamphlets for the workshops you will complete at the fair are highly suggested-scouts should review them thoroughly before the start of their class
Register for as many as ONE morning and ONE afternoon workshop. Prerequisites are listed along with the badge name. All badge workshops ask for a donation of $10 for registration.
Remember, there is always a possibility that your badge may not be completed in class. There may also be prerequisites you are unable to complete in time for the fair, that is OK! Your counselor will sign off on all completed requirements and will meet with you later for the remainder, if needed.