- Rose Petal - Make the World a Better Place: Help our native wildlife by making “seed peas” — a ball of flower seeds, soil, and clay. One for a hike, and one for home! $5/girl, minimum $50/program.
- Clover Petal - Using Resources Wisely: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with us! Get crafty with recycled materials and take a tour of the Preserve to see why our land is an important resource! $5/girl, minimum $50/program
*Optional: Pick for the Pantry
- Snacks: Come hungry for this badge! We’ll cook, play, and hike --then make a sweet snack to take home. $10/girl, minimum $100/program.
- Bugs: Get up-close and personal with bugs --a very important part of our ecosystem. Learn about insects and where they live during an insect hunt on one of our trails. $5/girl, minimum $50/program.
- Hiker: Learn the basics of hiking safety - what to wear, pack, and how to read the trails. Then pack a snack and walk back into the fields and woods for a hiking scavenger hunt! $7/girl, minimum $70/program.
- House Elf: Learn about living sustainably by creating a natural house cleaner to take home and make your living environment a cleaner, healthier place. $7/girl, $70 minimum.
- Senses: Explore Valley Crest by using your five senses — a scavenger hunt and taste test are just part of the fun! $5/girl, minimum $50/program.
Do your girls show special interest in the environment? Create your own badge with us! Email us to find out more.
- Animal Habitats: On a hike, we’ll learn why forests and fields are vital habitats for wildlife, and build a bird house to hang up! $5/girl, minimum $50/program.
- Camper: Prepare for a camping trip by going over what to wear and pack, and why. Learn how to build a campfire and use it to make dinner (and dessert)! $12/girl, $120/program minimum.
- Flowers: Take a wildflower walk to know the flowers in your area. Then make a flower necklace to take home! $10/girl, $100/program minimum.
- Gardener: Plant a seed, take a tour of the farm, and show off your green thumb to complete this badge. $5/girl, $50/program minimum.
- Simple Meals: Take a tour of the kitchen and cook using different ingredients. Come up with your own recipe, top chef style! All materials included. $15/girl, $150 minimum.
Programs run 1.5-2.5 hours, with the exception of overnights. Programs are priced to include all materials and an educator for the time allotted.
Overnight pricing is dependent on the number of programs and number of scouts. Programs run drizzle or shine. VCF has the right to cancel or postpone programs.
To sign up for these programs OR a requisite badge for your troop, please email email@example.com for more information.